Reporting to Head of Operations C-upper position
Responsible for local supply chain management. Responsibilities include organising, monitoring storage and distribution of goods locally. To enhance business development and to ensure customer satisfaction.
Responsible for the vehicle and office maintenance for all branches and Occupational Health and Safety.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accurate planning of all stock receipts
- Accurate despatch planning
- Ensuring all stock is labelled and tracked on the ERP system correctly
- Stock receipts including submission of all necessary paperwork to the finance department
- Management of general assistant and ensuring all tasks and duties are achieved on time
- Working with the sales team on all sales / demo equipment, monthly, including despatching and receipting of demo units into correct locations
- Management of stock locations on the internal ERP system
- Management of Goods in transit locally and communication with procurement and sales team regarding ETA
- Management of stock receipts and ensuring that all stock is packed into correct locations
- Management of quality control with the service manager on all stock receipts
- Management of stock orders to customers, including quality assurance on all deliveries
- Daily scheduling of driver’s activities and deliveries
- Management and creation of item codes
- Monthly stock takes, including the submission of monthly stock reports to the finance team
- Submission of weekly stock reports
- Submission of stock trends
- Creation and management control of all processes and procedures
- Weekly planning meetings with the sales and procurement team
- Ensure that all OHS standards are met and that all meetings are held in terms of legislations
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimise space utilization
- Ensure that all vehicle and building maintenance is controlled and that all areas are kept up to spec
- Escalate problems to senior management.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be a team player.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must, at all times, have a customer satisfaction orientated approach.
- In addition to the normal duties expected of you in the capacity of Logistics Manager, you will be expected to carry out any other reasonable instruction within your ability, and which can reasonably be expected from you.
- Proven working experience as a logistics manager, at least 8 years’ experience.
- Understanding of B2B local distribution.
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management.
- Be able to manage and lead a team.
- Excel, word, power point and outlook expertise.
- Proficient in standard ERP.
- Diploma, certification, or degree in warehouse / logistics or supply chain will be advantageous. Skills will be looked at in detail.
Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org